Saturday, December 12, 2009

Celebration and Service

Last week I preached a sermon about how Christmas was a time of celebration.  With too much on my mind and too many heavy objects on my heart, I found the sermon difficult and laborious.  I made it through it, but it felt like a marathon as I tried to just make it to the end. 

Celebration, like any of the other disciplines, must have our full attention.  The danger of practicing any discipline without our full attention is that we may do the actions but never practice the discipline.  On this occasion, I was guilty of going through the motions.

Last weeks discipline was guidance, and I struggled with celebration as I worked through guidance.  My prayer this week is that I can actually celebrate our loving God while still seeking guidance.

God guide me into celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment