Thursday, October 8, 2009

Fasting Tomorrow

As I prepare for my fast, I am trying to quiet myself and get mentally ready.  The 24 hour variety offers time to reflect and an attainable finish line.  I will eat a light meal this afternoon and end the fast tomorrow at supper time.

The uncomfortable part of fasting by yourself when you are in a family is the uneasy of not participating with your family at mealtime.  We really like to be able to spend time around the dinner table.  With a 14 year old, my wife and  I enjoy the little time we get with our son.  I will just have to focus on our experience even though I will not be sharing in the meal tonight.

I hope you will try fasting with me.  The experience for many of us is more liberating than we imagine and is not as difficult as we might think.  Good luck not eating.

1 comment:

  1. That has to be the most difficult part of fasting within a social setting. Although it usually reminds me to value mealtimes more when circumstances deprive me of that time with my family, even if I impose them on myself through a fast.

    ReplyDelete