Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Foothills of Prayer

"We should never make prayer too complicated."  Wow, that's what I do best.  I make things complicated.  I can always imagine ways to make things harder than they should be.  I am learning to appreciate simplicity though.  I am just now learning that parenting isn't as hard as it seems.  The complicating factors I add make the situations much more difficult.  When I deal with a situation with simple action, results can easily be seen.  

Prayer is simple, but simple does not mean easy.  I struggle at the vastness of the need for prayer.  Someone had a stroke.  Someone else is going through a divorce.  Iran is developing nukes.  A friend is struggling financially.  My mid-life crisis is growing like a weed.  The planet is in peril.  I have the sniffles.  I desire a profoundly healthy prayer life, not an easy one. 

God, help me talk to you.  By your grace, free me from me and draw me to you.  Thanks for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment