Thursday, October 15, 2009

Studying My Nose

I had a minor procedure done on my nose yesterday.  I had a plastic surgeon remove a subaceous hyperplasia from the end of my nose.  My family doctor has removed many over the past several months, but she wanted a plastic surgeon take care of this prominent one.

I don't consider myself a vain person, but when the bandage moved a little and I saw the 5 stitches instead of 1 or 2 as told before the procedure, I felt a little self-conscious.  To be honest the bump on the end of my nose has been visible for several years, but I was more concerned about the potential scar from the work of a pro.  That seems a little odd.

I have never been good with surprises or changes.  In fact, I have many times acted like a real jerk just because I "was not prepared for _______."  I have made a mess of surprise parties, unexpected changes in plans, unforseen circumstances, etc.  I need to let go of control and learn to live with life.

I think my nose is going to be OK.  I had the bump removed because I wanted it gone.  It is gone.  That is good right?  What do I have to complain about?  I need to go apologize to some people.  Looking at yourself under the microscope of study isn't as bad as I thought.  Now doing something about what I have seen . . . now that's another thing all together.  I'm going to apologize to some of my favorite people in the world.  They deserve it, and I need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment