Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Chapter 10-The Discipline of Confession

Today we venture down a different fork in the pathway to spiritual growth.  Turning to the discipline of confession moves us into the corporate disciplines.  A vast expanse of darkness looms over this discipline for many of us from pedestrian protestant traditions.  I am intrigued, scared, and excited about prospect of studying and practicing confession.

During the next four chapters, I am going to have to figure out how to practice these disciplines due to their corporate nature.  I can certainly comment on them, but unfortunately I don't have a community of faith that practices these on a regular basis.  That fact makes this exercise difficult and somehow sad.

While I have appreciated the comments of my readers, I must admit that the solitary nature of this adventure has exposed the limits of practicing the classic disciplines alone.  The celebration of the disciplines was certainly intended for us to practice them together.  This road was never meant to be walked alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment