Sunday, November 22, 2009

Practicing Confession

I have thought a lot about the practice of confession and its corporate implications.  I have tried to figure out a way to fulfill my goal of practicing the discipline during this project.  I am challenged at this point.  I cannot seem to come up with a means of confessing without it being contrived or utilized simply for this experiment.  That would be unfair and manipulative.

I am getting the sense that the practice of the disciplines must always be practiced within a community of faith that participates with one another.  Even the previous disciplines that were not earmarked as "corporate" have the need of a faithful community.  If there is one notion I have developed a greater appreciation for durin this exercise, it is that fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment